School Bus Signs
Beware of inferior knock-offs... This is the original Vehicle Rooftop Sign for:
- Public and Private Schools
- Contract Student Transportation Providers
- Day Care Centers
- Specialized Youth Programs
- Church Schools
- Child Activity Centers
- Youth Organizations and more…
Why our sign?
- Aircraft Aluminum and Stainless Steel construction- NO Paint, NO other metal to Rust
- Completely Designed, Engineered, and Backed by J. R. Higgins Associates... NOT a cheaply built, inferior copy
- Proven, reliable quality with thousands on the road today and more than 30 years of satisfied customers
Four-light System, Folding type, Part No. S122-4002R
In addition to "SCHOOL BUS" we also provide:
- "CARRYING SCHOOL CHILDREN" (Connecticut)
- "SCHOOL STUDENTS" (Pennsylvania)
- "SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION" (Ohio)
- "ECOLIERS" (Quebec)
- ... Other requirements?- Contact Us
Sign without Lights Labeled for Connecticut school use
Part No. S122-0003
Sign without Lights (Shown folded down)
Part No. S122-0003
44" Sign without Lights, Non-Folding Labeled for Pennsylvania
Part No. S112-0101
Four-light System Internally- Illuminated Sign (Non-folding type only)
Part No. S112-4902R
Eight-light System Folding Type
Part No. S122-8002AR
- Signs can be raised and locked upright or folded and locked down when not in use.
- The Easy-to-operate, Patented, Single-Handle Control System unlocks the sign from either position.
- Signs are also available in a non-folding version.
- Available with or without internal signboard illumination.
- Available in Four-Light system (One red lamp each side) or Eight-Light system (One red lamp and one amber lamp each side).
- RUST FREE, Constructed of Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
- High-Brightness, Flashing Lamps alert traffic toward both the front and rear.
- Structural aluminum guards help protect the lamps from damage.
- Clamp-on Ski-Rack type installation and Bolt-to-Roof type installation options are available.
- Simplified mounting and wiring with easy-to-understand instructions.
- Colors, Materials, and Design meet applicable D.O.T. Standards.
- Signs can be tailored to meet specific state or local regulations, as required.
Construction and Materials
- Frame is all welded, structural aluminum.
- Operating mechanisms are aluminum and stainless steel.
- Mounting hardware and hinges are stainless steel and coated steel.
- Lamps are ABS frame with seven-inch diameter, focused beam acrylic lenses - front and rear.
- One-quarter inch thick rubber foot pads protect vehicle finish.
- Lettering and coloring on non-internally illuminated sign are permanently silk-screened onto vinyl material with a permanent adhesive backing, and are laminated with a MYLAR covering. The material is applied to a one-piece formed aluminum panel.
- Lettering on the internally illuminated sign is permanently silk-screened onto 1/8-inch thick, colored, translucent acrylic sheet.
- Power Requirements: 12 Volts D.C. (Standard Automotive Power)
- Flashing lamp bulbs (One each lamp): Automotive type #1195, 50cp (#1156 is a longer life, lower brightness substitute)
- Illuminated sign internal bulbs: Fluorescent type #F25/T8 (with temperature control sheaths and high-output sealed D.C. ballasts).
- Solid State Flasher control box with - power switch and flashing LED indicators (One required for each pair of lamps on sign.)
- Fuse (Located inside flasher control box) Replaceable type AGC 4
- Twelve-foot cable with integral molded connector at the sign to simplify temporary removal of the sign.
- Power leads for direct wiring to the vehicle fuse box (Internally illuminated lamp power is tapped from headlamp circuit.)
- Sign can be mounted on virtually any hard-style auto, truck, or van roof.
- Hardware is supplied for either clamp-on ski-rack type or bolt-through-roof type installation. Detailed mounting instructions are provided.
Non-Internally Illuminated Sign
Sign without Lights
- Upright: 10-1/2"H x 41-1/2"W
- Folded: 3-1/4"H x 41-1/2"W
- Upright: 10 1/2"H x 52"W
- Folded: 3 1/4"H x 52"W
- Upright: 10 1/2"H x 66 1/2"W
- Folded: 3 1/4"H x 66 1/2"W
Internally Illuminated Sign
Four-Light System (Non-Folding only)
- Upright: 13"H x 52"W
J. R. HIGGINS ASSOCIATES, LLC
898 Main Street
Acton, MA 01720-5865
J. R. Higgins Associates, LLC will, for one year after the original date of purchase, replace, at no charge, all sign parts, except light bulbs and fuses, which fail as a result of defects in materials or workmanship and which are returned, shipping prepaid, to J. R. Higgins Associates, LLC.