Wide Load and Specialty Vehicle Signs
This is the original Vehicle Rooftop Sign for identifing Vehicles Used for Specialized Purposes:
- Escort Vehicles
- Wide Load
- Oversize Load
- Driver Education Vehicles
- Slow Moving Vehicles
- Vehicles Making Frequent Stops
- Delivery Vehicles
- Custom requirements?- Contact Us
Why our sign?
- Aircraft Aluminum and Stainless Steel construction- NO Paint, NO other metal to Rust
- Completely Designed, Engineered, and Backed by J. R. Higgins Associates... NOT a cheaply built, inferior copy
- Proven, reliable quality with thousands on the road today and more than 30 years of satisfied customers
The Standard, Oversize Load Folding Sign is Model No. S122-0007
Available with Reflective Yellow Background, front and back
Custom Oversize Load Sign
Custom Oversize Load Sign
- Signs can be raised and locked upright or folded and locked down when not in use.
- The Easy-to-operate, Patented, Single-Handle Control System unlocks the sign from either position.
- Signs are also available in a non-folding version.
- Available with or without internal signboard illumination.
- Available in Four-Light system (One red lamp each side) or Eight-Light system (One red lamp and one amber lamp each side).
- RUST FREE, Constructed of Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
- High-Brightness, Flashing Lamps alert traffic toward both the front and rear.
- Structural aluminum guards help protect the lamps from damage.
- Clamp-on Ski-Rack type installation and Bolt-to-Roof type installation options are available.
- Simplified mounting and wiring with easy-to-understand instructions.
- Colors, Materials, and Design meet applicable D.O.T. Standards.
- Signs can be tailored to meet specific state or local regulations, as required.
Construction and Materials
- Frame is all welded, structural aluminum.
- Operating mechanisms are aluminum and stainless steel.
- Mounting hardware and hinges are stainless steel and coated steel.
- Lamps are ABS frame with seven-inch diameter, focused beam acrylic lenses - front and rear.
- One-quarter inch thick rubber foot pads protect vehicle finish.
- Lettering and coloring on non-internally illuminated sign are permanently silk-screened onto vinyl material with a permanent adhesive backing, and are laminated with a MYLAR covering. The material is applied to a one-piece formed aluminum panel.
- Lettering on the internally illuminated sign is permanently silk-screened onto 1/8-inch thick, colored, translucent acrylic sheet.
- Sign can be mounted on virtually any hard-style auto, truck, or van roof.
- Hardware is supplied for either clamp-on ski-rack type or bolt-through-roof type installation. Detailed mounting instructions are provided.
- Upright: 10-1/2"H x 41-1/2"W
- Folded: 3-1/4"H x 41-1/2"W
J. R. HIGGINS ASSOCIATES
898 Main Street
Acton, MA 01720-5865
J. R. Higgins Associates will, for one year after the original date of purchase, replace, at no charge, all sign parts, except light bulbs and fuses, which fail as a result of defects in materials or workmanship and which are returned, shipping prepaid, to J. R. Higgins Associates.