School Bus Signs
Beware of inferior knock-offs... This is the original Vehicle Rooftop Sign for:
- Public and Private Schools
- Contract Student Transportation Providers
- Day Care Centers
- Specialized Youth Programs
- Church Schools
- Child Activity Centers
- Youth Organizations and more…
Why our sign?
- Aircraft Aluminum and Stainless Steel construction- NO Paint, NO other metal to Rust
- Completely Designed, Engineered, and Backed by J. R. Higgins Associates... NOT a low quality, inferior copy
- Proven, reliable quality with thousands on the road today and more than 30 years of satisfied customers
Four-light System, Folding type, Part No. S122-4002R
In addition to "SCHOOL BUS" we also provide:
- "CARRYING SCHOOL CHILDREN" (Connecticut)
- "SCHOOL STUDENTS" (Pennsylvania)
- "SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION" (Ohio)
- "ECOLIERS" (Quebec)
- ... Other requirements?- Contact Us
Sign without Lights Labeled for Connecticut school use
Part No. S122-0003
Sign without Lights (Shown folded down)
Part No. S122-0003
44" Sign without Lights, Non-Folding Labeled for Pennsylvania
Part No. S112-0101
Four-light System Internally- Illuminated Sign (Non-folding type only)
Part No. S112-4902R
Eight-light System Folding Type
Part No. S122-8002AR
- Signs can be raised and locked upright or folded and locked down when not in use.
- The Easy-to-operate, Patented, Single-Handle Control System unlocks the sign from either position.
- Signs are also available in a non-folding version.
- Available with or without internal signboard illumination.
- Available in Four-Light system (One red lamp each side) or Eight-Light system (One red lamp and one amber lamp each side).
- RUST FREE, Constructed of Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
- High-Brightness, Flashing Lamps alert traffic toward both the front and rear.
- Structural aluminum guards help protect the lamps from damage.
- Clamp-on Ski-Rack type installation and Bolt-to-Roof type installation options are available.
- Simplified mounting and wiring with easy-to-understand instructions.
- Colors, Materials, and Design meet applicable D.O.T. Standards.
- Signs can be tailored to meet specific state or local regulations, as required.
Construction and Materials
- Frame is all welded, structural aluminum.
- Operating mechanisms are aluminum and stainless steel.
- Mounting hardware and hinges are stainless steel and coated steel.
- Lamps are ABS frame with seven-inch diameter, focused beam acrylic lenses - front and rear.
- One-quarter inch thick rubber foot pads protect vehicle finish.
- Lettering and coloring on non-internally illuminated sign are permanently silk-screened onto vinyl material with a permanent adhesive backing, and are laminated with a MYLAR covering. The material is applied to a one-piece formed aluminum panel.
- Lettering on the internally illuminated sign is permanently silk-screened onto 1/8-inch thick, colored, translucent acrylic sheet.
- Power Requirements: 12 Volts D.C. (Standard Automotive Power)
- Flashing lamp bulbs (One each lamp): Automotive type #1195, 50cp (#1156 is a longer life, lower brightness substitute)
- Illuminated sign internal bulbs: Fluorescent type #F25/T8 (with temperature control sheaths and high-output sealed D.C. ballasts).
- Solid State Flasher control box with - power switch and flashing LED indicators (One required for each pair of lamps on sign.)
- Fuse (Located inside flasher control box) Replaceable type AGC 4
- Twelve-foot cable with integral molded connector at the sign to simplify temporary removal of the sign.
- Power leads for direct wiring to the vehicle fuse box (Internally illuminated lamp power is tapped from headlamp circuit.)
- Sign can be mounted on virtually any hard-style auto, truck, or van roof.
- Hardware is supplied for either clamp-on ski-rack type or bolt-through-roof type installation. Detailed mounting instructions are provided.
Non-Internally Illuminated Sign
Sign without Lights
- Upright: 10-1/2"H x 41-1/2"W
- Folded: 3-1/4"H x 41-1/2"W
- Upright: 10 1/2"H x 52"W
- Folded: 3 1/4"H x 52"W
- Upright: 10 1/2"H x 66 1/2"W
- Folded: 3 1/4"H x 66 1/2"W
Internally Illuminated Sign
Four-Light System (Non-Folding only)
- Upright: 13"H x 52"W
J. R. HIGGINS ASSOCIATES
898 Main Street
Acton, MA 01720-5865
J. R. Higgins Associates will, for one year after the original date of purchase, replace, at no charge, all sign parts, except light bulbs and fuses, which fail as a result of defects in materials or workmanship and which are returned, shipping prepaid, to J. R. Higgins Associates.